Calendly is a great piece of software that connects with your online calendar.
‘Oh great another piece of software to learn. No thanks!’
Wait a minute… It enables people to book time with you.
‘I can do that myself, thanks. Been doing it just fine for quite a while’
Yes, but is that really the best use of your time?
I know you’ll have had these instances in your business; you’ve been searching for some times and dates to suggest to a client / potential client, type them out in an email, send it across only for them to take an age to get back to you, by which time the suggested dates have been taken by someone else.
Or, what about this? I help some of my clients run their diaries, and you would not believe the amount of people that you suggest dates to and they come back and go; ‘No, none of those work‘, but they don’t think to suggest any others, and so you’re left with having to look through your diary again to find some more dates to send them, or you ask them for some and they suggest ‘tomorrow at 9am?’. No!
Not the best use of your time, is it?
But with Calendly, you don’t even need to get involved!
- You connect it to your calendar
- Set the times / days people can book with you (and yes, it can be different every day / every week / every month if you like)
- Calendly generates you a unique link (URL)
- You share the link via email, in your signature, on social media, in newsletters or on your website and people book!
You can even connect Calendly with software like Stripe or PayPal so people can pay for their appointments with you.
I know, life just looked a whole lot better, didn’t it!
- You can set different lengths of time. So 15 minute meetings, 30 minutes, one hour, two hours, whatever you like.
- You can integrate it with Zoom or Skype so it instantly sends the client a link to call you on the time / date they’ve booked.
- You can set it to send them advance reminders to attend the call.
- You can also set it up so people can book recurring meetings with you.
- You can set ‘buffers’ so that your meetings are never back to back. Here’s how.
- You can brand bookable page, so you have your logo on there – see here.
If you’re still not sure, how about setting up a link for people to book your free consultation call with you.
Start by setting up a free 20 minute consultation (one hour is too much – your time is money) booking link on Calendly and share it with anyone who wants to know more / have a chat.
It really helps sieve out those who just like to talk or think that it’s okay to ‘pick your brains’.
If you like Calendly – which I reckon you might – you can then progress to have your paid consultations / meetings bookable via Calendly and connect it to your preferred payment platform so people can pay and book in one go – making their lives easier and meaning you don’t have to worry about finding convenient times, sending invoices, checking they’ve paid, sorting out a call link, etc.
You’ll simply receive an email notification to say Jane has booked a Power Hour on on 7th of January at 10am and all you have to do is turn up.
How much time could this automation save you? And, how much money?